(Full Course Rental: $159, Single Episodes $15- NO REFUNDS on Vimeo purchases)
Pre-algebra is meant to start laying a base foundation of algebra while providing the student with proficiency in arithmetic operations including positive and negative numbers, fractions, decimals, and percents. It also starts to introduce geometry, area and volume, and polynomials. Although it is important for the students to understand, memorize, and be able to apply the theorems that are learned in this course, the most important aspect is to understand the application of mathematics from a Biblical worldview, and develop a greater desire to serve God and others. Therefore, this course will be taught with the application of biblical principles throughout, always using mathematics to point us back to our Creator.
1. Pre-Algebra Student Text (2rd ed.) – BJU Pre-Algebra Grade 8 Student Text (Second Edition; 2017 Updated Copyright). The print or e-text is fine.
2. Students may use any scientific calculator. BJU Press sells TI-30Xa. Scientific Calculator A calculator won’t be used much, so any scientific calculator will work.
1. One (1) full course rental will cover up to 12 students for (1) one year.
2. Each additional (1) one-year student license cost is as follows:
a. Christian Worldview Courses and our Economics course: $15 each additional student
b. All other courses: $39 each additional student
3. Additional student licenses may be purchased through our Apologia Main Office. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-524-4724
1. No online account sharing outside a household or in a co-op classroom.
2. For online media, at least one unique account is required per household/co-op (see student limitations above)
3. No copying of online content is allowed.
4. No viewing of online content outside a household or in a co-op group. The co-op leader or teacher is to retain the copy. Families desiring to watch a lesson at home must purchase or rent a personal copy.
NOTE: CLASSES ARE ABOUT 30-45 MINUTES, TWICE PER WEEK
NOTE: There are about 64 Episodes in this series.
These episodes are from our LIVE & INTERACTIVE classes – some references may not apply to you. You can fwd through these and other administrative portions if you wish. Recordings are added weekly as they are taught (not applicable to previous year recordings). They will not be added in coordination with the LIVE ONLINE classes. The RECORDED ONLY uploads may be uploaded at the discretion of the technical team.
Please remember that you have chosen the RECORDED ONLY/SELF-PACE option – you do all tests, assignments, grading, calendar, transcripts, etc. on your own. Please do not request these items from Apologia Online Academy teachers. You can watch episodes in full screen and click the HD (high definition) icon in the lower right corner of the player for a better quality picture if you wish, but keep in mind these are not filmed in high definition. Webcam technology is not always in sync with the speaker.