Join my Facebook group to stay up to date on my updated Tap class schedules!
Oh, yea! “It Was a Good Day” to get into the studio to choreograph a college audition piece for a student of mine. Here is a sensible run for content so she (and I) can remember what the heck we did. Manifested from my brain in 3 hours. Very proud of this little gem, and she dances it beautifully.
Thank you @atomicballroom for having a clutch space to work! #tapdancers , the floor is �� for #TAP #atomicballroom
Song It’s a Good Day by Peggy Lee – I do not own the rights
*Christopher Erk is a former lead and Dance Captain of Tap Dogs – he first joined the company in 1997 when he was 15 years old. He has toured Europe with Postmodern Jukebox and performed as a guest artist in Spiegelworld’s Absinthe at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. He is co-choreographer and an original cast member of Rasta Thomas’ Bad Boys of Dance production Tap Stars in Hamburg, Germany, was Guest Artist in Noah Racey’s Pulse, directed by Jeff Calhoun, and an original company and member and featured performer of Broadway Underground, by Jared Grimes at B.B. Kings Blues Bar in NYC. His company the Tap Factor has traveled internationally with its original live music and dance production Tap in the Night and provides educational and community facilitation’s to schools and organizations around the world with his original show Feet Speak. As an educator, his experience teaching dance is diverse, including recreational and competitive dance schools and eight years on staff and faculty Break the Floor Productions. He is a graduate of the New School of Public Engagement in NYC. He has also served as an adjunct faculty member Wright State University, Sinclair Community College, and guest faculty Broadway Dance Center.
– each class is 45 MINS
– Tap Shoes are not required to participate – a flat sole shoe is a good alternate option
– Pay $5 USD to www.paypal.me/chriserk and leave a note for the class you would like to join, and I will email you the link shortly before the class starts. Venmo to @Christopher-Erk also accepted
– If you are interested in private lessons or group classes, please let me know.
– Is there another time that works better for you? Please let me know.
– As a teacher of tap dance, I recognize I am teaching an art form that is rooted in Black American history. I assume the responsibility to continue to further research and respectfully represent that fact at all times.
– As a student of my class, you recognize that you are learning an art form that is rooted in Black American history. You assume the responsibility to further research and respectfully represent that fact at all times.
Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org