CW: blood/gore in the video
The premise of this pageant is to showcase alternative performers with non-traditional perspectives, to reward out-of-the-box thinking, and to emphasize that drag shouldn’t be about how much money you can spend on a gown or how convincingly you pass into conventional ideas of gender. This pageant is open to performers of all genders, not exclusively queens, however this is still a drag pageant- not a talent competition or open stage.
Contestants will be judged in the following 4 categories:
* The judged theme look based on the ball’s theme: Trash-to-Treasure Trick-or-Treat. The challenge is to embody the spirit of Halloween in an avant garde look without breaking the bank. Think campy spooky-ooky DIY glam, similar to the RPDR season 11 Halloween Ball meets Dragula vibes, meets Project Runway unconventional materials and drag on a dime challenges.
* Question & Answer.
* Talent- a performance showcasing your unique specialities as a performer.
* Crowning look/your best drag look. The finale look where we will present the awards.
The winner will receive $150 cash, a prize package provided by LUSH which includes:
* 4 pack of drag brunch tickets ($100 value)
* Champagne Experience (cover, show seats and champagne to Black Hearts Burlesque or #DragRevolution)
* Booking in #DragRevolution and/or drag brunch
* $100 gift card
and a prize package still being built by melancholy & Jenna Cis.
1st Alt will receive $100 cash, and 2nd Alt will receive $50 cash.
There will be a $20 registration fee to help cover the costs of paying our tech crew, bartenders, etc. Registration will be open soon �⚰️✨